Happy Monday! It has been a while since we have written on the blog, let’s just say this Summer has been crazy. Every weekend is filled with an event and well when those few free random nights come along, these mommas- to- be are #sleeping.
I did finally have a chance this past Sunday to try a new protein ball recipe that I have been dying to make. A lover of Carrot Cake, my heart couldn’t resist. My husband who doesn’t even like Carrot Cake told me it was one of his favorite things I have ever made. I consider that a win.
Essentially they taste like cake but are packed with protein and only 88 calories each. You should go make them now! Below is the recipe found from the #POPSUGAR website and included the nutrition info! Happy Baking!
1 cup raw cashews
3/4 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup dates
4 ounces unsweetened applesauce
1 serving vanilla plant-based protein powder (about 35 grams)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon cloves
1 carrot, grated
1/2 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)
1/3 cup rolled in unsweetened coconut
- Add the cashews, oats, dates, applesauce, protein powder, and spices to the food processor. Turn on until a choppy dough forms, several minutes.
- Add the grated carrot and pecans until thoroughly mixed. The dough will appear slightly sticky.
- Pour unsweetened shredded coconut into a bowl.
- Roll dough into balls, roll each one in the coconut, and place on a clean cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to set. Store uneaten balls in an airtight container in the fridge.