Fall is finally here and you know what that means…PUMPKIN EVERYTHING..well at least for us. I’m now officially on maternity leave without a baby (for a few days) so I decided to research healthy Pumpkin recipes. What else is there to do when you’re 40 weeks pregnant?
I found this recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Energy Balls via Clean Food Crush’s website and absolutely loved it! They are they perfect if you have a newborn (lol), or just want an easy healthy snack around. Let us know what you think!
A few notes about this recipe:
- It makes a TON- almost 40 balls if you make them 1 inch
- The whole process will take about an hour, and it gets really messy. I suggest making them when you have a lot of free time.
- You can choose what type of nuts/mix-ins you like best. I chose mini organic dark chocolate chips and walnuts, then added shaved coconut flakes to about half.
What you will need:
- 3 cups dry, uncooked oatmeal (I used gluten-free thick cut oats)
- 1 cup all-natural Pumpkin Puree
- 1 cup all-natural Peanut butter, or Almond butter
- 2/3 cup pure maple syrup or raw honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 4-6 Tbsp ground flax seeds (if ‘dough’ seems too wet, then I add more ground flax, if it’s too dry, add less…start with a smaller quantity)
- 1 cup small chopped walnuts, chopped almonds, chopped peanuts, coconut flakes, or any combination of mix-ins that equal 1 cup total.
- 1/2 cup mini dark chocolate chips. You could use dark chocolate/cacao pieces, or just skip them altogether.
- Combine all ingredients together in a medium bowl until very thoroughly mixed.
- Roll into balls of about 1″ in diameter
- Place on a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper & freeze one hour.
- Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
Hope you enjoyed them as much as we did!