Have you ever been so tired you want to laugh and cry at the same time? That’s basically how you feel most of the time in the first few weeks of caring for a newborn.
Things I have learned so far:
- Don’t plan anything, like anything..you have no life for the next month (or more)
- You will do everything & anything possible to keep your baby from screaming/crying
- I’m convinced there’s nothing louder than a newborn cry.
- You will speed through yellow lights just so you don’t have to stop at the red light. Stopping can create the potential for your baby to start screaming in an enclosed space. (trust me it’s worth running the light)
- As much as you want to drink wine you will realize that it will make it even harder to wake up during the night, & you will regret it.
- You will feel really bored but also busy at the same time..(yes it’s possible)
- Time has never gone faster/slower while caring for your newborn. The saying “the days are long but weeks are short” is 100% accurate.
- You will choose to sleep over basically anything else.
- You will rely on your mom friends (THANK YOU..you know who you are!)
- Invest in one of those hands free carriers! —>
- You will want to call your parents immediately & thank them because you never realized how hard raising a kid was before this
- I’ve found going to happy hour or running a quick errand is too much work at this point.
- You can’t go anywhere without your Brest Friend nursing pillow.
- You learn to do things with one hand that you never thought was possible before.
- Daytime TV is the worst. Any recommendations outside of Maury? My personal favs are Dr. Phil & Dr. Oz, but I’m not sure how much more I can take.
- The cliche’s are true..you will love your baby more than you ever thought you could love something.
There are a ton more but my baby is crying so gotta go!
Thanks for following us!